Solved remount ZROOT as r/w

Well, I finally screwed up :( with a simple quote error in /etc/rc.conf and I am dropped into a single shell with Read Only. How can I remount it with R/W?

Quick answer and saved my bacon :)
That's why I love FreeBSD, straight forward, no drama.

Note: I just had to add the dataset at the end of the command, mine was zroot (I remembered something ;) )

note: I just had to add the dataset at the end of the command, mine was zroot (I remembered something ;) )
To be more clear and for all future readers: with $ZROOT I meant that you have to substitute your own root dataset. $ZROOT is not part of the command. :)

I typically do the following when booting single-user to perform an installworld, which will mount the root dataset rw, and then mount all other zfs datasets:
mount -u /
zfs mount -a

I typically do the following when booting single-user to perform an installworld, which will mount the root dataset rw, and then mount all other zfs datasets:
mount -u /
zfs mount -a
Three years later.. This isn't going to work for ZFS. This doesn't change the readonly property. So it's still going to be mounted read-only.

Three years later... I just did this on a freshly minted FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE system, and it worked.

i.e. I could write in the root, and all the file systems got mounted.

Back