ZFS Recovery tool

Dears
I have a pc with 6 2T hdd. These 6 hards use raidz. The file system is zfs.
Unfortunately, I missed some file on this pc. Users deleted them. Is there any good recovery tool for these deleted files?

Regards

I'm not aware of any tools that will do it. Did you ever enable some kind of regular snapshot on your pool, because you could recover the files from that.

De-facto no. Undelete by looking in internal file system structures does not work reliable enough to be practical in normal Unix file systems. Yes, file system experts (typically implementors) can look around internal metadata structures. Sometimes they can find deleted files (been there, done that). Most of the time this does not work, since the area where the deleted file was stored is typically overwritten quickly. The correct solution is some form of backup/restore. For example, you could use snapshots in ZFS, and then perhaps back up snapshots.

Old joke: There are two kinds of people. Those who religiously back up their data, and those who have not lost data yet. I'm sad to say that this loss of data you have experienced will probably be most useful as a learning experience.

Back