Solved recovery strongly advised

I just got a msg saying recovery strongly advised when trying to mount a partition from another disk.

Having web searched (trying to get away from saying Googled...) for this term, it seems plenty of people on this forum have experienced this, but I' not clear what needs to be done. I see that gpart() has a recover option and a section on recovering, but apart from running gpart recover da* do I need to do anything else? Also [-f flags] is mentioned as a parameter but I don't see an explanation of which flags are available.

Well, after running gpart recover da1 all 19 partitions changed from corrupt to OK, so I must have done something right.... Just wondering if there is some underlying problem lingering...

The device name da* indicates it is an external device, e.g. USB thumb drive or external disk connected with a wire. Then a simple slack joint can be the root cause for your issues, and that solves once the connection is tight again.
P.S.: Only the OP can set the thread to "solved". On the very 1st post, click "..." -> "edit thread" -> "prefix: solved".

Back