Recommended PCI wireless card with HOSTAP

Hi,

searching for supported wireless cards capable of HOSTAP has been fruitless for me. I'd be grateful to hear brand/model suggestions that I can actually buy (in USA). The home lan could benefit from the extra capability.

FreeBSD7.2

Reasonable signal strength, since I intend to put the server (and it's fan) down in the basement.

Under $75.00?

TIA

Up
Please, recommend wifi (desirable pci) card with hostap and 802.11n for big home network, which works fine under freebsd 8.1 and current(desirable with polling).
Thanks.

I found some info by doing
Code:
man ral
The man page for ath suggests using a URL, which always failed to load for me. Searching the specific card names at NewEgg turned up a few choices for me. I settled on Edimax EW-7128G. It shows up in message log as
Code:
ral0: <Ralink Technology RT2561S>
worked fine no problems. Setting up hostapd with WPA also was no problem. Though, had to first set my Windows node to use a static IP in the wifi subnet. And then after that set Windows node to use DHCP, which subsequently got a correct address from my dhcpd. Dunno why that was. but if someone else hits a roadblock with dhcp & hostapd, maybe that'll help circumvent it..

For 802.11n and polling you might have to dig further than I did, Sorry can't help you with that.

Back