Recommendation on laptop hardware Thinkpad/Sager

Ah yes that is a nice feature! I played with a mac a while ago and it seemed backwards to how I wanted the scroll to work, reverse intuitive? haha.

Here is an update! And a big thank you to jrm! I finally got a Lenovo laptop and I went with the X250 with a 1366x768 IPS screen, which great to read on!

I am really glad of the recommendation, keyboard size feels great! Light and everything nice!

I did install OpenBSD for an OS because of supported wifi at the moment, mentions of hardware support was good on the x250, and to give it a try (I await FreeBSD 11 release for wireless support). VESA works good!

Unfortunately some of the software I require: gwyddion (I have it installed and am making a port at the moment), avogadro, modern kicad, and some more science-y ones are not readily available. This is a fun detour at the moment, and my usual desktop setup works great. I do miss some FreeBSD's conveniences, jails, pkgng, large port list haha.

The touchpad however has some issues, the hardware buttons are mapped to scroll up and down. Remapping them sort of works, but click and drag does not. The hardware buttons act as a momentary switch, push and hold only registers as a quick click like a scroll wheel? So clicking and dragging is... Interesting, a combination of the touch pad click and the nub is the solution, because the touchpad itself acts funny, but two finger scrolling works!

I posted a question with as much detail here:
http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=9315

Maybe someone has an idea. Again thank you so much jrm for the recommendation and help! I really like my Thinkpad x250!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back