Solved Raspberry Pi 2 gone deaf

Hi folks.

Assigned 192.168.1.22 to my Pi2 and she's gone deaf. Not sure how to get her going again.

Set the netmask properly to 255.255.255.0, and defaultrouter to 192.168.1.1. Can't see her on the LAN, no conflicts for that IP on the LAN, and can't see out from her perspective as root.

netstat -ni shows absolutely no packets moving. Hub is working, the port showing active. Re-sat the ethernet cable. Can't ping Google obviously. Tried another cable that works, and still deaf.

Any help appreciated. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
As PacketMan said, check with ifconfig(8) if the IP address has been set correctly. Use netstat -rn to verify the default gateway setting. See if you can ping(8) the default gateway. If that works try pinging 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS server). If that also works your connection is up and running. If you can ping the default gateway but nothing outside of your network the issue is on your network router/internet connection. If you are able to ping outside the network using IP addresses but not with hostnames there's an issue with name resolving. The most common mistake is not having a proper /etc/resolv.conf.

What does the command ifconfig reveal?

OK here's my rc.conf, and those two results. It's still resolving to 127.0.0.1 from the looks of it. That's why I'm confused as I've restarted the unit with those rc.conf directives.

ifconfig.jpg
netstat.jpg
rc_conf.jpg

Back