R/W mount denied error confusion

Hi all --

I've been running 9.1 (PC-BSD amd64) on a solid state drive. I'm occasionally getting errors in [CMD=""]dmesg[/CMD] that state:
Code:
WARNING: R/W mount denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

However when I boot, the
Code:
Starting file system checks
doesn't report any errors with the file system. I've looked at the output of [CMD=""]fsck_ffs[/CMD] and [CMD=""]fsck[/CMD], but I'm unsure of how to proceed.

I've attached my dmesg. What other information can I provide to help solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• plain-dmesg.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 208
[thread=7290]Topics about PC-BSD | FreeNAS | DesktopBSD | m0N0WALL | pfSense | Debian GNU/kFreeBSD[/thread]

That said, boot to single user mode and run a full fsck(8). Some errors can't be fixed when the filesystem is mounted.

All,

I just rebooted to single user mode and ran [CMD=""]# fsck -y[/CMD]. After my DE starts, I'm still seeing the error(s).

[cmd=""]> dmesg | grep fsck[/cmd]
Code:
976:WARNING: R/W mount denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

Thanks again.

Perhaps it's trying to auto-mount an external drive and the error isn't because of a dirty local filesystem?

@SirDice -- thanks for the reply! I've posted about this in the PC-BSD forums, too, but wanted to ask here as well (higher traffic & broader expertise). I don't have any external drives attached, so I'll continue investigating.
Cheers!

Back