Question about winetricks / pkg32.sh

D

Deleted member 67862

I install wine-devel, wine-gecko-devel, and wine-mono-devel for both pkg and the i386 wine contraption (pkg32.sh). However, I've only installed winetricks 64-bit and can't seem to run it with WINEARCH=win32. Is installing the i386 version of winetricks required for this to work?

You only need to install winetricks on the host.
I always get warnings about installing into a 64-bit prefix. I also recall not being able to run programs which make both 64-bit and 32-bit calls. Does this mean its impossible to run anything that makes 32-bit calls and have to run separate wineprefixes? Because I thought the pk32.sh contraption was made to solve this.

In winetricks there are some windows components that only install and/or work properly in a 32-Bit wineprefix.

WINEARCH is being used when you create a new prefix.

Code:
WINEARCH=win32 winetricks
Executing mkdir -p /home/Alexander88207
------------------------------------------------------
Creating WINEPREFIX "/home/Alexander88207/.wine" with WINEARCH=win32

But if you set it to win32 you only can use 32-Bit applications.

Okay, so it's still impossible to run a 64-bit application that makes some 32-bit calls?

I originally used your application games/homura to run 99% of my games :). Eventually I started using games/linux-steam-utils but I have had worse and worse luck with the Linux compatibility (multiple games that once worked eventually stopped) so I've decided to go back to using Wine.

Do you happen to know how to bypass Wine Steam getting stuck at login? I get an email to verify my login but Steam never opens the prompt to put in the code. Seems to happen on Linux as well..

Two of the games that wouldn't even work via Linux Steam now work but not without dealbreaking issues. Project Zomboid works but has no sound, and Kerbal Space Program launches with sound and everything seems to be fine except you can't click on anything in the main menu

Back