Quadro 2000m nvidia driver

I have FreeBSD 12.0, i have already installed driver and module is loaded

2 1 0xffffffff8293d000 f4ef0 nvidia-modeset.ko
3 1 0xffffffff82a32000 c42ae8 nvidia.ko

but all i can get is 640 resolution and my laptop's monitor says like i have 'default' screen, is it okay and how it works??

I assume you are referring by 640 resolution to the virtual terminal console resolution and want to get a higher resolution. I’m using myself a Nvidia GPU and I could achieve a higher resolution in the console only with one method, by switching to the syscons(4) driver. By default 12.0-RELEASE has the vt(4) driver loaded (see Newcons).

If you wish to use syscons, set in /boot/loader.conf kern.vty=sc , reboot, run in the console vidcontrol -i mode. This lists the video modes the graphic card supports. Set the video mode you wish, e.g. vidcontrol MODE_279 . This sets in my case the console resolution to 1024x768x16 , font 8x16. To make the setting permanent, set the allscreens_flags= parameter in /etc/rc.conf .

Or keep the vt driver with the current resolution but install a smaller font (how to here). I prefer this method because I want to have UTF-8 encoding in the virtual console.

Back