• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Python PyQt5 for Py36

akram65

Tried to make install pyqt5 with FLAVOR=py36, but got the following error:

Code:
===>   py36-qt5-webkit-5.9.2 depends on shared library: libQt5WebKit.so - not found
===>  qt5-webkit-5.212.0.a2_5 needs Python 2.7 at most, but 3.6 was specified.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/qt5-webkit
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/py-qt5-webkit
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/misc/py-qt5-demo
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-qt5
I am running it on 12-CURRENT.
Any workaround?

tobik@

Daemon
Developer

We have a package for it on pkg.FreeBSD.org, so it should build fine. This must be a local issue.

What do you have in /etc/make.conf?

tobik@

Daemon
Developer

tobik@

Daemon
Developer

What's the name of the package by the way?
===> py36-qt5-webkit-5.9.2 depends on shared library: libQt5WebKit.so - not found
You can look up package names for ports directly with e.g. make -V PKGBASE FLAVOR=py36
Is there a way to build pyqt5 for py36 without the webkit part?
Yes, unset the webkit and webkitwidgets options in the port: make -C /usr/ports/devel/py-qt5 clean config

akram65

Thanks a lot for your help, but I can't really try installing pyqt5 anymore as I managed to mess up the kernel of the CURRENT I was running and now I may have to reinstall it, it seems.

Anyway, if it may help, the same make install command I tried on 11.1 in a virtual-box worked perfectly fine for pyqt5 on py36 almost two months back without giving the error. So has it got to do anything with 12-CURRENT?

By the way, will drm-next be coming to 11 anytime and is there anyway to run 11 on kaby lake with some gui with, perhaps, scfb?

Thanks a lot, by the way.:beer:

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

By the way, will drm-next be coming to 11 anytime
Not any time soon. It requires extensive kernel changes. So 11.1 is definitely off the table. And 11.2 might be too early.
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2017-September/019821.html

is there anyway to run 11 on kaby lake with some gui with, perhaps, scfb
I think that depends a bit on the hardware, some people have some success with scfb(4). The vesa(4) driver should always work but is rather slow (software rendering).

tobik@

Daemon
Developer

Anyway, if it may help, the same make install command I tried on 11.1 in a virtual-box worked perfectly fine for pyqt5 on py36 almost two months back without giving the error. So has it got to do anything with 12-CURRENT?
No, I doubt it. it's probably a side effect of the new flavors support.

FWIW when you pass FLAVOR=py36 to the port it also sets PYTHON_VERSION=python3.6 internally and that is passed along the dependency chain via DEPENDS_ARGS for some reason I haven't understood yet. www/qt5-webkit requires Python 2.7 and can't build with Python 3.6 and it complains to you as if you had passed PYTHON_VERSION=python3.6 to it manually.

akram65

Well running 11.1 with scfb works on my kaby lake laptop with kde. I'll try and see with pyqt5 again and then report.

akram65

Well, trying this time I get error about missing feature opengles2, which stops the make install.

Code:
===>  Configuring for qscintilla2-qt5-2.9.1_1
Info: creating stash file /usr/ports/devel/qscintilla2-qt5/work/QScintilla-gpl-2.9.1/Qt4Qt5/.qmake.stash
Project ERROR: Could not find feature opengles2.
*** Error code 3

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/qscintilla2-qt5
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-qt5-core
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-qt5
Although, yet I have not encountered the earlier error yet.
What should I do?
Anything to do with scfb?

I'm using freebsd 11.1 p4 on kaby lake laptop with scfb for graphics with kde4.