py27-setuptools27 doesn't compile

For some reason py27-setuptools27 doesn't compile. It gives me this error and I am reading it as its conflicting it self. I don't know how that is possible.

Code:
usr/local/bin/python2.7 -O /tmp/tmpGLJwCU.py
removing /tmp/tmpGLJwCU.py
running install_egg_info
running egg_info
writing requirements to setuptools.egg-info/requires.txt
writing setuptools.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to setuptools.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to setuptools.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to setuptools.egg-info/entry_points.txt
reading manifest file 'setuptools.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'setuptools.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
Copying setuptools.egg-info to /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/work/stage/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-2.0.1-py2.7.egg-info
running install_scripts
Installing easy_install script to /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/work/stage/usr/local/bin
Installing easy_install-2.7 script to /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/work/stage/usr/local/bin
writing list of installed files to '/usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/work/.PLIST.pymodtmp'
install  -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/../py-setuptools/files/easy-install.pth.dist /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27/work/stage/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
===>  Installing for py27-setuptools27-2.0.1
===>  Checking if devel/py-setuptools27 already installed
===>   Registering installation for py27-setuptools27-2.0.1 as automatic
Installing py27-setuptools27-2.0.1...pkg-static: py27-setuptools27-2.0.1 conflicts with py27-setuptools-2.0.1 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/easy-install.pth.dist
*** Error code 70

I am going to try and solve this by manually reinstall the package with make reinstall. That might work, but at least it leaves this bug out in the wild.

Thanks for the help.

That didn't work and I don't even have that package installed. I get this issue when I try to install it (no files to conflict with). Not sure how to stop this error from taking place.

Code:
root@saturn:/usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27 # make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for devel/py-setuptools27
===>   py27-setuptools27 not installed, skipping
root@saturn:/usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27 # make install clean
===>  Installing for py27-setuptools27-2.0.1
===>   py27-setuptools27-2.0.1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 - found
===>  Checking if devel/py-setuptools27 already installed
===>   Registering installation for py27-setuptools27-2.0.1
Installing py27-setuptools27-2.0.1...pkg-static: py27-setuptools27-2.0.1 conflicts with py27-setuptools-2.0.1 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/easy-install.pth.dist
*** Error code 70

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27
root@saturn:/usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools27 #

Thanks for the help.

Back