py-MySQLdb installed but getting ImportError: No module named MySQLdb

I'm attempting to install all of my python dependencies through ports, but I'm getting:

ImportError: No module named MySQLdb

Even after installing the port py-MySQLdb.

The import line is:
import MySQLdb as mysql

Is there an issue with my import line? Is there some method that I need to reference the installed port in the virtual python environment? If there's a document, please let me know. The closest I could find was a post on SO which discussed what to install for FreeBSD, but no further context. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/454854/no-module-named-mysqldb

edit:
I have the same issue for numpy, despite also having installed audio/py-SoundFile. I feel like it's something trivial, but I can't find the answer.

edit2:
I attempted to install numpy with the p27 flavor by:
make -C /usr/ports/math/py-numpy FLAVOR=py27 install

But my virtual environment still produces the same error. Is there an extra step to have this translate to the virtual environment?

The make command above seems to work as I slowly compile the necessary packages from ports. Could someone point me to a quick way to 'refresh' the virtual environment? I'm having to recreate it (and check a box saying use packages from main environment) after I install from ports, but it's from a GUI.

Back