Solved Proxmox, clonezilla, FreeBSD, boot error, root partition

I have server with Proxmox installed on it and I have physical server, OS of physical server is FreeBSD and I move FreeBSD server to VM and everything go well, but when I start FreeBSD in VM, I see error about boot error and FreeBSD boot loader can mount root partition and I see error like this:
Code:
trying to mount root from ufs :/dev/ad8s1a
manual root filesystem specification
I use qemu HDD for make HDD in VM. How I can fix this problem? I use this link for migration:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migrat...roxmox_VE_.28KVM.29_using_Clonezilla_Live_CDs
I take screenshot please see it

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-10-22 18-25-51.png
    Screenshot from 2015-10-22 18-25-51.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 979
when I run this command
Code:
ufs:ad0s1a
I see this , I think system boot

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    36 KB · Views: 626
Device paths change when the disk is moved to a different system. The disk is not ad8 any more. This is why labels are so nice. The best are GPT labels, which are only provided by GPT partitioning. The alternative on partitioning systems that do not have labels are UFS labels: FreeBSD Labeled Filesystems.

Device paths change when the disk is moved to a different system. The disk is not ad8 any more. This is why labels are so nice. The best are GPT labels, which are only provided by GPT partitioning. The alternative on partitioning systems that do not have labels are UFS labels: FreeBSD Labeled Filesystems.
Thanks.
So what I must do?
My FreeBSD Server are very important for me. Mainboard is fail and I have to move it to VM, I move it but I see that error. I do not have another PC, so I have to move it to VM, I installed FreeBSD 6.3 on this system 6 years ago and it work liked charm and I run Plesk on it 5 years ago, and work good for me and after mainboard fail, I reset system by power and after 6 reset system boot and I move it to proxmox.

I installed this FreeBSD 6 years old . what I must do right now ?

Update all device paths in /etc/fstab
How I do that? I boot VM in single user mode and I see.
How I get list of new disk, I have two HDD.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-10-22 18-25-51.png
    Screenshot from 2015-10-22 18-25-51.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 566
That's the same screenshot as before. Did you select single user mode at the loader? In single user mode init(8) should not be trying to start /usr/libexec/getty.

That's the same screenshot as before. Did you select single user mode at the loader? In single user mode init(8) should not be trying to start /usr/libexec/getty.
I reboot vm again and during boot I choose 4 and system start boot, but, I see first picture again and I type ufs:ad0s1a and I see this.
Commands vi and fsck can not find.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 662
Ok, you should be able to do something like this:
Code:
/sbin/fsck -y /dev/ad0s1a
/sbin/mount -uw /
/sbin/fsck -y /dev/ad0s1f
/sbin/mount /dev/ad0s1f /usr
/usr/bin/vi /etc/fstab
and change all ad8 to ad0. Afterwards type exit to go to multi-user mode. Hopefully your system starts fine now.

Ok, you should be able to do something like this:
Code:
/sbin/fsck -y /dev/ad0s1a
/sbin/mount -uw /
/sbin/fsck -y /dev/ad0s1f
/sbin/mount /dev/ad0s1f /usr
/usr/bin/vi /etc/fstab
and change all ad8 to ad0. Afterwards type exit to go to multi-user mode. Hopefully your system starts fine now.
when I run first command I see this

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 493
After edit fstab fail and I type exit and want exit from single user mode I see this:

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 366
Looks like a screen saver.

You must mount the partitions to be able to edit. I would mount at least /var and /usr. /tmp might also be needed, and / must be remounted read/write as shown in tobik's example.

Looks like a screen saver.

You must mount the partitions to be able to edit. I would mount at least /var and /usr. /tmp might also be needed, and / must be remounted read/write as shown in tobik's example.
Thanks ,
I mount /var /tmp /usr but when I run this command:
/usr/bin/vi /etc/fstab

I see this and I can not change vi, I can not completely fstab.

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 486
Hmm, just don't use the arrow keys. You can move the cursor with hjkl. Doing a substitution with :%s/ad8/ad0/g should work too.

Hmm, just don't use the arrow keys. You can move the cursor with hjkl. Doing a substitution with :%s/ad8/ad0/g should work too.
Your are great man, your guide solve my problem and right now my server boot in VM, this server is my project, thanks again.
Can I find way migration from physical server to VM is happen good without problem?
Thanks again.

Back