Other Processes, drivers, and daemon activity

Hello guys !

can you tell me please how can I see the activity of processes, drivers and daemons ?

That is: which is the best FreeBSD command to visualize in real time their running/halted state ?

Thanks very much.

Bye !!

I normally use ps auxf. htop also a nice tool for multicpu system. Some thing like a process tree would be a good choice.

I typically use top -S. You can add -P too, to see it per CPU core. But if you have a lot of cores there won't be a lot of screen lines left for the processlist.

Hello guys !
thanks for your reply.

Some question:
ps(1)- list all process status ....... but it doesn't work in real time, that is it doesn't show the activity of a process in progress;
top(1) - display top cpu processes ... it shows the processes in progress but continuously changing their line position.
Is it possible to freeze this tedious visualization ?
Please, can you tell me what are the "top processes" ?

In which a way you would visualize the activity of the FAT/NTFS/UFS filesystem driver ? I mark: of the filesystem driver not of the drive

Thanks in advance.

When you start top you can type :h and you will see a brief help for commands. With "S x" (where x are seconds) you can change the refresh interval of the screen. With "o" you can change the sort order. The rest of the options you can find here: top(1)

For file system activity use systat then type :help() to see the other stats and/or to switch to iostat for file system.
gstat (1)and iostat (8)are also useful.

Back