Solved Problems with Bind 9.11 LTS after lastest update 01/2020

Trying update my FreeBSD boxes, today have found an problem with dns/bind911/.

Does not matter if using make install or portmaster always the error occour's:

Code:
/usr/local/include/json/config.h:8:10: fatal error: 'cstdef' file not found
#include <cstddef>

Looking on pkg, dns/bind911/ 9.11.14 still using security/openssl111 which one no more exists (read I know I can have it as missing dependency, what is not the case, since it got replaced).

PS.: Updating the systems after lastest portsnap fetch update - read security/openssl replaced on make.conf in default versions from security/openssl111 to security/openssl.

PS2.: The fails occours on dns/bind-tools/ step.

Searching on google, my guess about this issue is probaly related with this bug report:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=237551

Seems the old "advice" from all comments and bug related about how problematic is use lastest version of Bind Tools with an old LTS bind persists, in another words, does not matter if the reports are closed the problem never haven been fixed.

Have did an test with Bind 9.14, and worked (if use Bind 9.14 with Bind Tools 9.14), what make useless for comercial use, mostly enterprises require only LTS versions as "homologated" (read less maintenance - and updates should not break the things, at least on Linux is how it works).

I just ran into the same problem when dns/bind-tools was updated. I don't think this is related to sthg in dns/bind9*: I deinstalled bind9 ans still couldn't build the bind-tools. So I reconfigured bind-tools and removed support for json, and then build was successful.

Fought the same thing a last week when migrating boxes off of ports OpenSSL to core's. Try:
Code:
pkg delete cmake
pkg delete jsoncpp
cd /usr/ports/dns/bind-tools
make all install clean

This resolved the build issue for me at least.

Sorry for the delay, was working on update all other VM's.

I can confirm the solution provider on this thread works pretty well, thank you!!!

Back