Problems reports addressed in a new release

Hi,

How to be sure that a specific PR has been corrected in a new release? Is there somewhere a list of the PRs that have been addressed? And if not, how to get such informations?

You can look at the PR itself -- if commit message was done properly (including the PR: field), it should be recorded there.

The PR in question is this one. I read at the date 2019-06-19: "MFC after: 1 week"
To be more more precise: will it be included in 12.1?

Thanks again yuripv.

It's very annoying for me as I have a FreeBSD box that does firewall & router using bhyve VMs. I had to compile the kernel with this patch to make that works but since, I haven't recompiled it each time a security issue has been surfaced. So, this box is vulnerable. I hoped to return in the "right path" with 12.1-RELEASE... In vain, it seems.

As far as I can see, nothing was added in 12.1-RELEASE. We have again a bhyve system that is unable to passthru a device with an intel cpu.

It's not like the solution was hard to find... There is a patch and it was well tested. The only effort would have been to apply the fix.

Extremely disapointed. :mad:

It's not the taken time which disappointed me, it's the fact the fix was simply forgotten.
Human errors are part of the process, just as bugs. Noone to blame; no chance for me, that's all.

Thanks SirDice. It's well it seemed to me but I'm never sure with this matter.

It's well it seemed to me but I'm never sure with this matter.
Yeah, it helps if you know how the various versions are branched off. Really simplistically put new -RELEASE versions are branched off from -STABLE, so the next 12.2-RELEASE will be made from the current 12-STABLE branch. Which means that anything that's been added/removed/changed in 12-STABLE will automatically be included in the next minor release version. You can basically view the -STABLE branch as an early alpha version of the next minor release.

Today, a miracle happened: the 7th patch for the 12.1-RELEASE brings the fix for passthru a device in bhyve with "recent" Intel CPU.

So, I have some hard work this summer: update my dying 12.0-RELEASE vtd.c patched home made router to 12.1.

Back