Problems booting after upgrade to 10.3

spaceille

Ever since I upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3, sometimes the boot process gets stuck after beastie menu, and sometimes not. I didn't have any problems before. If it's in any way relevant, I had originally installed 10.1 (the 1st one to support UEFI boot) on this machine, which then I upgraded to 10.2 and now to 10.3. I've also attached some (hopefully relevant) config files, the message after Beastie and before it hangs up and the output of dmesg.

Attachments

ab2k

Hi, sometimes it happening on some hardware. I have few VM's that always stuck on boot (blame qemu for that). If you don't use boot menu you may add this to /boot/loader.conf

Code:
autoboot_delay="-1"
and your system will just boot fine all the way, but you will never see a boot menu anymore.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'd start by removing these from loader.conf:
Code:
hint.p4tcc.0.disabled=1
hint.acpi_throttle.0.disabled=1
drm.i915.enable_rc6=7
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver=3

OP
OP
S

spaceille

I've tried commenting out every entry in loader.conf except autoboot_delay and beastie_disable. It still rebooted a few moments after the beastie placeholder message (don't know what it's called), than the next try, it booted. The annoying thing is that it's so erratic.

OP
OP
S

spaceille

I've realised, that I didn't upgrade the efi boot loader when I upgraded the system. However, even now, after updating the bootloader, nothing changed.