Problem with FreeBSD Installer

i cannot run freebsd installer,my kernel messages were scrolling through I suddenly get this scrolling through endlessly:vm_fault: pager read error, pid 1 (init) ; what could this can mean?
I will be very grateful

Can you tell us:

(1) What version of FreeBSD you're trying to install.
(2) What kind of boot media you're using (USB stick, CD-ROM, etc.)
(3) The make, model, and architecture of the computer on which you're trying to install FreeBSD (or whether you're installing on a virtual machine).

Searching the forums, I see Thread 60064 describing a similar issue.

Can you tell us:

(1) What version of FreeBSD you're trying to install.
(2) What kind of boot media you're using (USB stick, CD-ROM, etc.)
(3) The make, model, and architecture of the computer on which you're trying to install FreeBSD (or whether you're installing on a virtual machine).

Searching the forums, I see Thread 60064 describing a similar issue.
Hi,
1) I try version of FreeBSD: 14.0
2) usb stick on 8 gb
3) how I understand you mean my cpu: intel core i3-2120 3.10GHz and I installing it on real machine (but I tried on virtual box and it works good and without any problems)
model of my computer: Dell optiplex 790

CPU is old but that shouldn't be a problem, I have a i5-3470 working just fine with 14.0. You might want the test the memory of the machine though. And verify the hash of the image you downloaded, it's possible it got corrupted during download.

hello again, I tried to overwrite the image and format the flash drive in fat32 format and this time the installer started to load, but at the moment of selecting the keyboard layout everything froze and those lines continued to appear, quite strange because the installer only started normally once, at other times it was vm_fault, and sometimes the mouse and keyboard didn’t work (I tried changing it and nothing changed), but sometimes the keyboard works

debian_user16, you should try the troubleshooting steps that SirDice recommended.

Checking for a problem with your system's physical memory is a good idea. To do that, boot the machine into its BIOS interface, and look through its menus for a memory test option. It may take a long time to run, but it's a straightforward test for identifying a likely cause.

Next, making sure the install media you're using wasn't corrupted when you downloaded it is important, too. For that, see the instructions in Section 2.3.1: Prepare the Installation Media of the FreeBSD Handbook.

Back