Problem with Fonts in LibreOffice

Hello. I'm running FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE, KDE Plasma 5.22.4.21.04.3, and LibreOffice 7.1.4.2. I'm having a problem getting LibreOffice to recognize the fonts that came with the urwfonts package that I installed. I followed the instructions in the FreeBSD Handbook; while the fonts show up in Qt applications such as KDE's Font Management page, it does not show up in LibreOffice. I also tried running fc-cache -r -v as root to rebuild the font cache as previous forum posts and other sites suggested, but to no avail, even after logging out and logging back in again.

Here they are:
urwfonts-ttf-packages-14.jpeg

Fonts in Freebsd in recent versions have got easier to use, and the handbook has not really caught up. There are many fonts available in the ports, but you can always get them from a good selection at https://fonts.google.com/, and just stick them in your ~/.fonts directory. Don't have to do anything else and they work in libreoffice.

Thank you all for your assistance; I was able to install the urwfonts-ttf and webfonts packages, and they now show up in LibreOffice and Chromium!

Back