Solved problem install binutils

first you are getting the ports tree from one source - git.
Then you are getting the ports tree from a different source - portsnap.
The two sources are probably not perfectly synchronized.
You decide if it is worth the possible problems.

first you are getting the ports tree from one source - git.
Then you are getting the ports tree from a different source - portsnap.
The two sources are probably not perfectly synchronized.
You decide if it is worth the possible problems.
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to achieve. That is, with the help of git, I cloned the set, then synchronized it with portsnap.
I plan to use portsnap in the future, especially since I'm used to updating ports using portmaster, before which I run portsnap.

That is, with the help of git, I cloned the set, then synchronized it with portsnap.
That's not going to work. They are incompatible ways of keeping the ports tree updated.

I plan to use portsnap in the future, especially since I'm used to updating ports using portmaster, before which I run portsnap.
The two tools are not related. One updates the ports tree, the other builds ports. Portmaster isn't going to care how the ports tree is updated or where it came from, it just needs a ports tree. And you should stop using portsnap(8), it's scheduled to be decommissioned.

That's not going to work. They are incompatible ways of keeping the ports tree updated.

The two tools are not related. One updates the ports tree, the other builds ports. Portmaster isn't going to care how the ports tree is updated or where it came from, it just needs a ports tree. And you should stop using portsnap(8), it's scheduled to be decommissioned.
Thanks, you helped me find out about portsnap.

I know this command is redundant, but will it hurt?
Yes.

Portsnap uses digitally signed snapshots of the ports tree. git updates the tree from git blobs in the branch. Portsnap on a git repo will corrupt the git repo. Remove your git repo and clone it again.

Then, if you're a binary package user, checkout and use the 2024Q2 branch.

Thank you all for your help. Thanks big brother tingo SirDice and cy@ .
So the problem is solved.
The problem I had was a discrepancy between the source of receiving ports from sources and packets through a package.
The following actions helped me:
# cd ~
# rm -rf /usr/ports
# git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git /usr/ports
# git -C /usr/ports switch 2024Q2
# git -C /usr/ports pull
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg && make reinstall clean
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster && make reinstall clean
# cd /usr/ports && portmaster -afd
I am happy everything was reassembled and installed successfully.

I think it would be appropriate to make a remark in the man portsnap in the header that this program is not recommended and in the future the recommendation to switch to git will be discontinued.

Thank you all for your help. Thanks big brother tingo SirDice and cy@ .
So the problem is solved.
The problem I had was a discrepancy between the source of receiving ports from sources and packets through a package.
The following actions helped me:
# cd ~
# rm -rf /usr/ports
# git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git /usr/ports
# git -C /usr/ports switch 2024Q2
# git -C /usr/ports pull
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg && make reinstall clean
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster && make reinstall clean
# cd /usr/ports && portmaster -afd
I am happy everything was reassembled and installed successfully.
Excellent!

I think it would be appropriate to make a remark in the man portsnap in the header that this program is not recommended and in the future the recommendation to switch to git will be discontinued.
portsnap has been removed from 15-CURRENT. It was deprecated and it's irrelevant in the git environment.

portsnap has been removed from 15-CURRENT.
It has been removed from 14.0-RELEASE too. You can still install it as a port though; ports-mgmt/portsnap. But the whole infrastructure that provides the files for portsnap(8) is going to be decommissioned as soon as the 13 branch is EoL.

Release notes of 14.0-RELEASE:
The portsnap(8) utility has been removed. Users are encouraged to fetch the ports tree by using pkg install git and then git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git /usr/ports. df53ae0fdd98

Deprecation notice in ports-mgmt/portsnap:
Code:
DEPRECATED=	portsnap infrastructure will be removed after the EOL of 13.x
EXPIRATION_DATE=2026-04-30

Back