Solved Problem after successfull upgrade: can't install packages

Code:
FreeBSD freebsd11vm 11.1-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p1 #0 r323215: Wed Sep  6 21:08:17 CEST 2017     max@freebsd11vm:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
Problem with this machine after the upgrade to above version. Like in the subject when I try to use the port system to upgrade packages, I do have this error indicating a problem with the compiler, I think:
Code:
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/work/pkg-1.10.1':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
It happen with EVERY port I try to build.
Code:
root@freebsd11vm:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster # clang --version
FreeBSD clang version 4.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_400/final 297347) (based on LLVM 4.0.0)
Target: i386-unknown-freebsd11.1
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin
Any idea? Thank you!

Did you upgrade from a 10.x version or 11.0? If you upgraded from 10.x you need to rebuild/reinstall all ports/packages.

Did you upgrade from a 10.x version or 11.0? If you upgraded from 10.x you need to rebuild/reinstall all ports/packages.
Hi. No, this is an upgrade from 11 to 11.1 and I'm in the process to reinstall all the packages, just after the successfull binary upgrade, I have this problem, after I deleted all the packages to rebuild them from a list.

For a minor upgrade (from 11.0 to 11.1 for example) you don't need to reinstall everything. At least, that's normally the case. The compiler error seems to indicate something went wrong during the upgrade. Did you run freebsd-upgrade install only once perhaps?

Agh, sorry my mistake. I did the upgrade of this machine long ago and I didn't remember - on this machine for some reasons - I used to build everything with gcc. So just looking at make.conf was enough to find out gcc was enable then not present on the system becouse I deleted all the ports to rebuild them. So this is solved. Indeed, thankx for your as usual competent help SirDice.

Back