Printer works, but scanner does not

To make a long story short, I have a Canon MG2522 printer/scanner combo which I have been using with Kubuntu and Windows 10 for a while.

Additionally, I recently installed FreeBSD 14.1 on my desktop (see specs down below) and I'm generally pleased with the results thus far. However, I have one minor problem which I cannot seem to solve on my own. I'm able to get the printer portion of my Canon MG2522 to work perfectly, but I cannot seem to get the Skanlite imaging program to detect the scanner portion of my MG2522 combo unit. I should also add that I have the SANE utility installed, and when I type usbconfig list, I get the following result.

Code:
ugen0.1: <Intel XHCI root HUB> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=SUPER (5.0Gbps) pwr=SAVE (0mA)
ugen0.2: <Webcam C270 Logitech, Inc.> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
ugen0.3: <G203 Gaming Mouse Logitech, Inc.> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (300mA)
ugen0.4: <Keyboard K120 Logitech, Inc.> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW (1.5Mbps) pwr=ON (90mA)
ugen0.5: <PIXMA MG2500 Series Canon, Inc.> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (2mA)

Also, when I go to the Sane homepage and look at the list of supported devices, I find the below information.

ModelInterfaceUSB idStatusCommentBackendManpage
PIXMA MG2500 SeriesUSB0x04a9/0x176dCompleteAll resolutions supported (up to 600DPI).pixma
(0.28.6)
sane-pixma

So, I guess my first question is, since the output of usbconfig list seems to list my printer/scanner unit as a PIXMA MG2500, and the information listed within the SANE homepage seems to indicate that PIXMA MG2500 Series is supported, does that mean that there is a chance that I may be able to get my scanner to work within FreeBSD? I'm guessing that I need to install the backend "pixma (0.28.6)" but I have no idea what I'm doing. When I tried pkg search pixma, I didn't seem to get a match for that particular number. I'm just wondering if anyone else has managed to get this particular scanner to work within FreeBSD, and how they did it? Please see below info regarding my desktop system.

Code:
Simon@Simon_System_FreeBSD:~ $  sysctl hw.model hw.machine hw.ncpu
hw.model: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Gold G5400 CPU @ 3.70GHz
hw.machine: amd64
hw.ncpu: 4

Simon@Simon_System_FreeBSD:~ $ dmesg | grep memory
real memory  = 8589934592 (8192 MB)
avail memory = 8171360256 (7792 MB)
pci0: <memory, RAM> at device 20.2 (no driver attached)

Simon@Simon_System_FreeBSD:~ $ freebsd-version
14.1-RELEASE-p5

Any info greatly appreciated. Sorry, I don't know what happened to my above table. Hopefully it isn't too difficult to follow.

Back