PowerMacG5: Very low audio in the jack connector

I have FreeBSD 10.1 installed on my PowerMacG5.

When I play music (From Cmus) the audio in the integrated speaker sound good, but when I connect my external speaker on the jack connector the audio is very low. I use mixer to control the level but in 100% the audio still very low.

I try to install OpenSoundSystem but is not compatible with PPC. Maybe I need to install ALSA?

I also try sound, pcm, and snd but the command wasn't found. And in Mixer the only device was vol.

Thanks for your help. I'm new in BSD and I don't write english very well.

What about the mixer speaker device and the rest of list mixer devices that may be modified? Can you show mixer command full output?

Hi.

Try setting hw.snd.vpc_0db in to a lower number to see if that helps(e.g. sysctl hw.snd.vpc_0db=10). The default is 45. If this works, you can add the setting to /etc/sysctl.conf. Setting this sysctl(8) knob too low can cause audio clipping so keep that in mind.

See the sound(4) manpage for more information.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to FreeBSD and I just experienced this today. I'm running FreeBSD 10.2 on a PowerMac G5 (7.2) Sounds is very low in the jack output if I fully plug an audio device into it. But if I I only plug one half of the jack in the connector, the sounds is at full power. Strange. And I don't think that my jack connector or my audio device is broken.

Back