Poudriere Jail Upgrading And Verion

I upgraded my main system from 14.0 to 14.1 a few days ago without issue.

Currently using poudriere to upgrade repository.

A few months since I last used poudriere, so did poudriere jail -u -j 14amd64 which upgraded the jail from 14.0p0 to 14.0p6, not 14.1p0.

Is there a way to update the poudriere jail to a newer version?
Should I worry about it?
Will it make no differences to the packages built?
What happens when we get to 15.0-RELEASE?

I had to use the command
poudriere jail -c -j 141amd64 -v 14.1-RELEASE to create my jail for 14.1-RELEASE, in this case I named my jail 141amd64.

I had to use the command
poudriere jail -c -j 141amd64 -v 14.1-RELEASE to create my jail for 14.1-RELEASE, in this case I named my jail 141amd64.

I see. So you had to create a new jail (and possibly destroy the old jail)?

Yeah I had to make a new one. I didn't destroy the old one, at least I didn't need to. But I'm pretty sure if you are doing a minor or major system upgrade you are going to have to create a new jail instead of just updating the old one.

Is there a way to update the poudriere jail to a newer version?
It's possible to upgrade but I would recommend just creating a new jail with the new version.

A new jail with the new version has a few advantages, it creates a new, clean, repository without touching the old one. So you can have two repositories for different versions, that'll make the transition easier, systems with the old version can keep using the old repository while new (or upgraded) systems can switch to the new one.

Back