poudriere error compile python311

I'm creating my poudriere repository, but unfortunately the following error stops me from compiling many packages

[00:11:32] [01] [00:11:17] Finished lang/python311 | python311-3.11.9: Failed: build.

Thanks

Check its build logs. I can recommend setting up the web interface for poudriere, you can find example configurations for Apache, nginx and Caddy in /usr/local/share/examples/poudriere/. The web UI makes it a lot easier to see what's happening, check logs, etc.

cc: error: unable to execute command: Killed
cc: error: linker command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/python311/work/Python-3.11.9
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/python311

How many builders? Might want to keep that at 1, each build job will use memory too. And I assume you have other services running on that machine too? 1 GB isn't much. One of my old build servers has 16GB memory and 16GB swap, and even that is sometimes not enough.

Even with only 1gb it crashes now I tried to limit parallel jobs to 1. what do you mean How many builders?

It's a test server

what do you mean How many builders?
Builders are the parallel jobs. Each builder is a job. By default you get as many builders (i.e. parallel jobs) as the number of cores the system has.

I noticed that the vps doesn't have swap if I try to add 16 GB of swap do you think I can?
If there's no swap partition (or can't create one) you can use a swap file. It's not going to make it faster but it might be enough to get it to finish building.

Do you need to build anything specific here? I would suggest doing the actual building of your packages on some other system.

ok which folders should I synchronize if I want to compile on a local machine for example my laptop? Thank you

If you use poudriere, your package repository will end up in /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/<jail>-<ports>/

For my VPS for example, I build all packages on a system at home. This repository is shared using nginx, my VPS is configured to download packages from there.

So basically I can install poudriere on my laptop to perform the compilation via my ports. On the vps I only install nginx or a web server, but I don't have to install poudriere on the vps it is sufficient to load the path that contains the packages then data and redirect them nginx .

C-like:
server {
        listen 80 default;
        server_name server_domain_or_IP;
        root /usr/local/share/poudriere/html;

location /data {
            alias /usr/local/poudriere/data/logs/bulk;
            autoindex on;
        }

location /packages {
            root /usr/local/poudriere/data;
            autoindex on;
        }
    }
}

Is only location packages needed on the vps?

And the key I generate?

Thank you very much

Back