portupgrade -arRy ?

Hi everyone
I would like to portupgrade with the following option,

-a , -r , -R , -y

according to the manpages,
'portupgrade [-habcCDDefFiknNOpPPqrRsuvwWy] [-A command] [-B command] [-l file] [-L format] [-S command] [-x pkgname_glob] [ [-o origin] [-m make_args] [-M make_env] pkgname_glob ... ] '

which means that

portupgrade -arRy will work.

However, the 'yes' option did not work and I realize that I am on the config screen of a port after a few hours. Any ideas why?

disappearedng said:
Hi everyone
I would like to portupgrade with the following option,

-a , -r , -R , -y

according to the manpages,
'portupgrade [-habcCDDefFiknNOpPPqrRsuvwWy] [-A command] [-B command] [-l file] [-L format] [-S command] [-x pkgname_glob] [ [-o origin] [-m make_args] [-M make_env] pkgname_glob ... ] '

which means that

portupgrade -arRy will work.

However, the 'yes' option did not work and I realize that I am on the config screen of a port after a few hours. Any ideas why?

Because that I started to use portmaster.

Simply passing the portupgrade -y will not get rid of the config screens unfortunately. If you want that to happen, and for portupgrade to install ports with the default configs, just add BATCH=yes to your /etc/make.conf . That should do it.

As the poster above pointed out, using portmaster is also an option. It essentially does the same things that portupgrade will do while installing a port but with an added feature which is killer if you ask me. It will run through all the ports, stopping at all the ports which will prompt you with config settings _BEFORE_ it starts building the port or port(s) in question.

When I need install new or reconfigure exist port I use:
> portupgrade --force-config --recursive --noexecute
> portupgrade --fetch-only
> portupgrade -ar

Back