Portuguese Mac Keyboard

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 7.2 in VMWare Fusion 2.0.5 but I can't seem to get the Portuguese keyboard of my Macbook Pro to function with it! I tried the "Portuguese (accent characters)" and "Portuguese" keyboard layouts from sysinstall but neither of them work well! It still uses the USA keyboard.

Has anyone been able to do this?
:q

pedroremedios said:
Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 7.2 in VMWare Fusion 2.0.5 but I can't seem to get the Portuguese keyboard of my Macbook Pro to function with it! I tried the "Portuguese (accent characters)" and "Portuguese" keyboard layouts from sysinstall but neither of them work well! It still uses the USA keyboard.

Has anyone been able to do this?
:q

For a french Macbook pro I've made a keymap for the console.

For Xorg (built without HAL)
Code:
Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
Option "XkbModel"   "macbook78"
Option "XkbLayout"  "fr"

That's not perfect and I also use xmodmap to adjust few keys.

see : http://www.lamaiziere.net/mbp_freebsd.html

That keymap is only for use in X Windows, right? I forgot to mention that my problem is in the console as my X Windows doesn't work :)

pedroremedios said:
That keymap is only for use in X Windows, right? I forgot to mention that my problem is in the console as my X Windows doesn't work :)

No the keymap is for the console only. You have to make a keymap but it is not hard (just time consumming).

For frenchies, there is already a keymap for the macbook (fr.macbook.acc.kbd) so it was very easy to make a keymap for french macbook pro. If you make a portuguese keymap submit it to the project.

pedroremedios said:
How can I test what the scan code is for the key I'm pressing? I've looked everywhere!

I did not find any solutions for this, I hacked the kbd driver with some printf(). I'm sorry but I don't remember exactly.

Back