ports post install messages

Are the port command line messages from make stored anywhere? On a vps the server times out and logs me off which wipes the post install messages and configure messages and then I don't know where to find them. If not is there a an option to add to make it log the messages somewhere?

Are the port command line messages from make stored anywhere? On a vps the server times out and logs me off which wipes the post install messages and configure messages and then I don't know where to find them. If not is there a an option to add to make it log the messages somewhere?

I also start a tmux session partly for this reason. That basically preserves the immediate output of the install even if I drop the connection. It also allows very easy copy-paste of additional instructions.

Are the port command line messages from make stored anywhere? [...]
You can add to the ALIAS section of /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf message: "query '[%C/%n] %M'",, read through all pkg message|less and apply the requested settings.
If not is there a an option to add to make it log the messages somewhere?
AFAIC no, not as an option to pkg(8). But you can use sudo(8)'s sudoreplay(8) or just the traditional script(1). Also note sudo_logsrvd(8).

Back