Ports LoongArch

Hello!

About LoongArch Brief introduction

LoongArch is the RISC instruction set launched by loongson in 2021. The details are as follows:

LoongArch Reference Manual

It works on the loongsong 3a5000 processor.

I have two computers with this processors,Prepare to do some basic ports on FreeBSD

So I want to consult

Have you considered or started porting loongarch to BSD system?

And what exactly I need to do.

Thanks!!!

Hello,
To my knowledge, Loongsong architecture is based on MIPS. Unfortunately, even though MIPS is present in FreeBSD 13's source code , it's support has been removed on 2022/01/01 . Howether, NetBSD support Loongsong devices : http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbmips/loongson/.
Regards

In 2021, the 3a5000 processor released by Godson no longer uses the MIPS instruction set, but uses LoongArch, a new instruction set.

In that case we are talking about a complete new port. Step #1 would be llvm support. Is that done?

LoongArch is a RISC instruction set, which can be used for reference. However, when running Linux, LoongArch and MIPs are not compatible.

In that case we are talking about a complete new port. Step #1 would be llvm support. Is that done?
Please refer to

I had checked at that time, and they were like mirages. And too little bang for too many bucks.

Back