Png23d & Stlcmd

I am a retired and very tired old man with all the disabilities age brings, teetering on the edge of dementia and looking for some help on getting a couple of scripts transferred from deb to pkg. It took me a goodly few days to get my Anir mouse to operate correctly and convert my old python and bash scripts transferred but I am buggered if I can get this to work
https://github.com/AllwineDesigns/stl_cmd
and this one
https://github.com/kyllikki/png23d
any help would be greatly appreciated tia.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the assistance.
The stlcmd was my own stupid fault. While I had read the readme file and was entering the commands correctly I was wrongly doing it in the "src" folder where there is no makefile. I now have it working as it should after linking the many scripts.
The png23d though is a different matter, following your instruction it did indeed succesfully build and create an executable, however the results are empty files so something is still not working in there.

Edit:
Ignore me the error is once again mine, I tried to replicate the error message to post here and could plainly see the scripted command was wrong, all is good and thanks again for your valuable help.

Next question: Can you recommend a remaster tool? In Debian I simply type "bootcdwrite" and it would create a iso of my complete system but I don't know of one for FreeBSD.

Next question: Can you recommend a remaster tool? In Debian I simply type "bootcdwrite" and it would create a iso of my complete system but I don't know of one for FreeBSD.
I got nothin'. Never heard of that, and it's pretty freakin' cool.

Well here's the current working tar from my Debian system if you fancy having a play with it. It creates an iso file in /var/spool/bootcd/
I had to rename the upload to .zip in order to ping it through, change the zip to xz for unpacking.
It would be good if somebody could make it work for FreeBSD and port it to pkg as it is a useful tool.
Being an old school admin I work as root all the time so it's very handy to have a restore point burned to flashdrive.

Have a great day, stay safe and make time for what you enjoy.

Attachments

• bootcd_6.5.tar.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 61
Back