Please port Shutter Screenshot Tool

http://shutter-project.org/

Please consider porting Shutter to FreeBSD. Its a feature-rich screenshot tool with an integrated editor that lets users highlight parts of the screenshot with arrows, rectangles , etc. Also it allows hiding parts of the image, which is really is really useful if the image contains sensitive information.

My system specifications are very low so I can't compile stuff so the repository is the only option for me.

You don't need compile this software. It's a Perl program and if you've installed all dependencies, download shutter-0.93.tar.gz and can run bin/shutter.

You don't need any installation script. Install the dependencies (Perl packages are p5-*, please use pkg search p5-\*gtk\*). You can install via e.g. pkg install p5-Gtk2-ImageView. If you've installed all dependencies, you should download the latest source code from here, unpack it, go to the bin subdirectory and you can run it with ./shutter.

This program is a Perl script which uses some Perl libraries, it doesn't need to be compiled.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks interesting. The dependencies do look a bit daunting (they suck in a lot of GNOME stuff). But it's not too bad. I'll give it a go, and submit a PR in about a week.

--Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to say; I haven't forgotten about this. But there are recent changes to the way Perl is now managed, and installed. The default version, has also changed. That makes the process of handling dependencies different. So I'm waiting for the "dust to settle". The recent addition of Gnome3 has also changed the names, and locations of the dependency groups/packages. So it's going to be a bit more work, than was originally required.

All the best.

--Chris

Back