Please pay more attention to desktop development

zspider said:
Why should he be excused from doing his homework? Everyone else did theirs. If he's not willing to learn, then this isn't the right operating system for him.

I guess I failed to perceive that he didn't want to learn. I thought we came here to the forums so that we could learn from each other without working so hard on the homework. If everyone has to work equally hard to find the same answers to each question, what's the advantage of having a forum in which to share the answers?

I think you guys are all on the same side.

And OP was very vague with "more attention to desktop development".

I didn't know jack-crap when I came here a couple of months ago.
I still don't know 98% of the stuff that I should know.
Yet, I did search, and ask, and seek help.
And I received it, and now I'm enjoying it a LOT!

srobert said:
I guess I failed to perceive that he didn't want to learn. I thought we came here to the forums so that we could learn from each other without working so hard on the homework. If everyone has to work equally hard to find the same answers to each question, what's the advantage of having a forum in which to share the answers?

The OP was vague about what he wanted, but to me it sounded like he was looking for a turnkey system which is why he was referred to PC-BSD several times. There's no sense in repeating things that are already documented in the handbook/forums/internet already, if he can't be bothered to read/study like everybody else, then he can go use his turnkey system. If he has a question that is not documented already, then I could see a good reason for seeking help.

Back