Solved pkg upgrade failing with packages not found

Is anyone else seeing pkg not found errors with pkg upgrade?

FreeBSD amd.asgard.uk 12.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4 GENERIC amd64

e.g.
pkg: http://pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:12:amd64/latest/All/lcms2-2.12.txz: Not Found

I have four PCs here, same patch level, ie 12.2-RELEASE-p4. Issue started a couple of days ago but don't have the same packages installed. Each fail on different packages.

I'll leave it at that for now in case this is a known issue and I just need to be patient. If it's just me, I'll post further details if required.

pkg update -f && pkg upgrade
Interestingly, the PC I quoted above not finding lcms2-2.12.txz has now done so while another of my PC borked on that same file.

No luck with your suggestion. Still failing to "find" packages. I generally use CSSH (ClusterSSH) and run all four pkg upgrade commands at the same time. Until this week, it's never been an issue, but could it be something at the server end seeing 4 PCs at the same time from behind the same NAT causing issues?

You are not alone. I see the same last two days.
I persevered and kept re-running pkg upgrade and each time it got 1 or 2 more packages until eventually it completed and performed the upgrades.

I've just run it again on all four PCs, they collected between 9 and 16 upgraded packages each as required and installed without issue. It seems there was either an issue with the server or it was still being populated with new build packages. Or maybe it was something else. I don't know enough to say anything for sure.

Either way, it's now working so I'll mark the thread solved on the assumption it was server side and someone fixed it.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Back