pkg search vips not found in FreeBSD 14

Sometimes ports (or their dependencies) have build issues, if that happens a package cannot be created.

graphics/vips was skipped from build because a dependency (multimedia/x265) of a dependency couldn't be build. Fixed now.

A vips package should be available with the next package build.

graphics/vips was skipped from build because a dependency (multimedia/x265) of a dependency couldn't be build. Fixed now.

A vips package should be available with the next package build.
Are you sure that this holds for amd64-14.x-quarterly (vips-packages) as well? Is this (considered to be) a security patch, commit message does not seem to mention this explicitly.

Ah, just wanted to report exactly the same...
  • 14.0-RELEASE-p6
  • not working on host nor jails

When I would upgrade `pkg upgrade` it would suggest:
Bash:
Installed packages to be REMOVED:
    ImageMagick7: 7.1.1.26_3
    ffmpeg: 6.1.1_5,1
    libheif: 1.17.6_2
    vips: 8.15.2

... and then ist would be gone :(

Are you sure that this holds for amd64-14.x-quarterly (vips-packages) as well?
It doesn't look like quarterly has received the x265 fix.

main ...... SHA256 (x265-asm-warnings.patch) = b59df1758664d85347e8f04fdf0a2934b6e0248af62e03a8e0aba0840c6280f3
quarterly SHA256 (x265-asm-warnings.patch) = 3bde0e0553498fa569e3472e6a12ec7110743e9e0c43e1b14c499d62608393bf

The latest Qat Builds 140 branch (Jail 14stable-amd64, Build c6199cc1de2f) from Mon, 12 Aug 2024 is skipping vips.

The x265 fix was committed 2024-08-08.

. https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/goha...e-amd64-quarterly-baseline&build=c6199cc1de2f

vips-skipped.png

Is this (considered to be) a security patch, commit message does not seem to mention this explicitly.
Not a security patch. Fetch failing, checksum mismatch:

Bug 280674 - multimedia/x265-3.5_3 fails checksum on x265-asm-warnings.patch

Not a security patch. Fetch failing, checksum mismatch:
Thanks. Then, it seems that, according to Quarterly Branch Ports and Packages:
Aims

Receive, on a best effort basis, merge (cherry-pick -x) commits including, but not limited to:

Security fixes (that may be version updates, or backports of commits)
Build, run, packaging, or other bug fixes
Ports compliance/framework changes.

More precisely:

Any change that is not a version update – unless it is a security update – that, other than the intended change, makes no functional change to the resulting package or software.
the commit should be merged from main of the ports tree.

the commit should be merged from main of the ports tree.
The question is why didn't the merge happened already. Commit date was 2024-08-08, 6 days later still no merging.

I myself don't use quarterly packages, but the ports committers should consider the merging into 2024Q3 fast. Many multimedia packages and non-multimedia packages with dependencies and dependencies of dependencies require x265, quarterly users are getting restless.

That's the third thread I commented about unavailable packages involving x265.

Then perhaps alert the maintainer of multimedia/x265 (or even portmgr)? missed sko update.

However, I don't know if adding only a message to a still marked as fixed PR has enough "alertness" that is probably justified by the sketched ramifications towards "Many multimedia packages and non-multimedia packages with dependencies and dependencies of dependencies require x265, [...]"

However, I don't know if adding only a message to a still marked as fixed PR has enough "alertness" that is probably justified by the sketched ramifications towards "Many multimedia packages and non-multimedia packages with dependencies and dependencies of dependencies require x265, [...]"
The CC list of that PR should pretty much include everyone that can react/act in a timely manner.

When I would upgrade `pkg upgrade` it would suggest:
Bash:
Installed packages to be REMOVED:
ImageMagick7: 7.1.1.26_3
ffmpeg: 6.1.1_5,1
libheif: 1.17.6_2
vips: 8.15.2
... and then ist would be gone
If you need an upgrade of other packages and don't want the listed packages removed, pkg-lock(8) will prevent them being de-installed.

For update information on those locked packages (ports) and other ports of interest, create an account on https://freshports.org, compile a watch list.

When a port on the watch list receives an update, a email will be sent. Quarterly ports updates are displayed by the current branch name (i.e. 2024Q3).

I see you have switched to "latest", pkg-lock(8) and https://freshports.org are valid here as well.

Back