pharo.org on freebsd?

azathoth There is a maintainer. You might contact him and ask him his status. He hasn't done anything in just over a year. Maybe because no one's shown an interest and you can perk him up.

Then he's moved on without notifying anyone. You should submit a Problem Report(PR) so he can be removed from that.

It looks like Pharo is just a wrapper around lang/squeak. It might be easy to find someone to pick that up who's interested in SmallTalk.

www.pharo.org and www.squeak.org are two competing free smalltalks! some interesting web frameworks that run on either include: http://www.aidaweb.si/ and http://www.seaside.st/

Created the bug: PR 220536

If they have changed and no longer need squeak as a dependency then, well, I don't know what you want us to say. If you want pharo on FreeBSD, you'll need to see if you can find an interested person to create an updated port for it or do it yourself.

If they have changed and no longer need squeak as a dependency then, well, I don't know what you want us to say. If you want pharo on FreeBSD, you'll need to see if you can find an interested person to create an updated port for it or do it yourself.
Hmmm I wonder how tuff that will be.

Hi. This is my first post. I Used OctoPkg to install Pharo in my NomadBSD. And now ? How do i open Pharo ? Beginner question
Screenshot_2020-09-15_17-40-09.png

Hi. This is my first post. I Used OctoPkg to install Pharo in my NomadBSD. And now ? How do i open Pharo ? Beginner question View attachment 8479

you should already found how to open Pharo, but still for the further search, i would like put a post here.
```shell
squeak /usr/local/lib/squeak/Pharo-*image
# for my version: squeak /usr/local/lib/squeak/Pharo-1.4.image
```

that will open Pharo, all the SmallTalk Application is an image, so just use the squeak to execute it.
and there is Squeak4.6-15102.image at here, you can try it too. of course the name could be the Squeak${version}.image.

littleme Welcome to this FreeBSD Community!

You posted an answer to a question that is almost three years old. The person asking the question you responded to hasn't been seen in pretty much the same duration.

Back