Solved Patch checking

Hello,

I'm new(er) to BSD. I was wondering how to check what version of a patch was applied (specifically for qmail). If someone wants to point out a man page or site I am not seeing, that is fine.

Thanks in advance

mail/qmail is a third party application that's installed through ports or packages. You can see what versions are installed with pkg version -vR.

tThanks SirDice. Its a helpful command that I didn't know about :)... I should have been more specific. I apologize. I was meaning if I use the patch command to patch qmail with a specific thing not available through ports. Is there a way to tell what version that is? For example: patch -p1 < my.patch Is there a way to see what version of the my.patch was applied and if you need to update? (This is barring that you didn't apply it in the first place, for example, if you started maintaining a system another built.)

That depends on the patch file itself. If that modifies the application's version string than you could look at that. There's no "general" way to find out if and what patches have been applied (to any application) if that's what you're asking.

I think that is what I am asking. I'm trying to track down a problem and didn't know if an update was in order.

Newbie question, do I need to close this forum (other than clicking "Thanks") or assign points or anything?

Newbie question, do I need to close this forum (other than clicking "Thanks") or assign points or anything?
Hi! We appreciate it if you mark the thread "solved" when everything you have opened the thread for has been, well, solved. This makes it easier when searching or looking at the forums to see that there is a resolution to what the title states. You can do so by "thread tools" at the top right, "edit thread", then add the "solved" prefix. Thanks!

junovitch@ I will do that :) ... I know I was told there was no way to see patch version installed, but can I see the configuration options used when compiling a pkg(8)?

but can I see the configuration options used when compiling a pkg?
pkg info <packagename> should be able to tell you that.

For example:
Code:
root@molly:~ # pkg info xorg-server
xorg-server-1.17.4,1
Name           : xorg-server
Version        : 1.17.4,1
Installed on   : Sun Nov  8 18:13:09 CET 2015
Origin         : x11-servers/xorg-server
Architecture   : freebsd:11:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : x11-servers
Licenses       : MIT
Maintainer     : x11@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/xorg
Comment        : X.Org X server and related programs
Options        :
	DEVD           : on
	HAL            : off
	SUID           : on
Shared Libs required:
	libgbm.so.1
	libxshmfence.so.1
	libGL.so.1
	libdrm.so.2
	libpciaccess.so.0
	libpixman-1.so.0
	libXdmcp.so.6
	libXfont.so.1
	libepoxy.so.0
	libXau.so.6
Shared Libs provided:
	libvgahw.so
	libint10.so
	libexa.so
	libshadow.so
	libvbe.so
	libfbdevhw.so
	libshadowfb.so
	libglamoregl.so
	libwfb.so
	libglx.so
	libfb.so
Annotations    :
	repo_type      : binary
	repository     : dicelan-desktop
Flat size      : 4.70MiB
Description    :
This package contains the X.Org X server and some associated programs.

WWW: http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/xorg

The "Options" section shows I've built x11-servers/xorg-server with the options DEVD and SUID set to on and HAL is turned off.

Be aware that the options listed by pkg-info(8) are not all inclusive, they are just configuration options selected by the port maintainer. There could be lots and lots of compile time configuration options for a particular port that are not exposed by the ports system to be shown in pkg-info(8) output.

Back