Parameters FreeBSD

I had an idea that I really liked and would like to share, reusing material is a friend of the environment and a lot of people have 5-10 year old micro leaning against or even discarding it. It is a computer workshop, where a worn-out PC enters and a new, optimized PC comes out.

Laptop computers are difficult to access. Every micro that enters the workshop will have the complete cleaning with isopropyl alcohol of all the plates, cleaning of contacts, preventive rebailings of the processor and all the hot devices, change of the thermal paste, BIOS update, change of the battery of the motherboard and replace the battery if necessary. For those who want a better computer, we can also offer the exchange of the processor for compatible with more processing cores, increase the memory, and even offer painting services and repair of small cracks and installation of external devices (for example, the motherboard it allows one more HDD, but there is no physical space, so a hole is made where there is space and epoxy fix the female of the piece, or remove the wireless card to install EGPU).

As a painting, I think of using Tollen's reagent to create a surface entirely mirrored with silver, and engraving the FreeBSD mascot, you can additionally add colored flakes and varnishes. As an additional detail, some motherboards allow you to install keyboards with bright LEDs. As an installation, the system will come with FreeBSD with all the drivers installed and running, in addition to wine with WOW64 that allows you to install binaries both 32 and 64 bits, a second prefix with winxp for old programs and DOSBOX for MS-DOS programs all runned using a front-end GUI to the user.

There may be a gamer version that includes the installation of a bluetooth video game control. My idea is to popularize FreeBSD as a fast system, that honestly uses all available hardware, that you can install all the software and hardware you want, running with FreeBSD Kernel. As it is a difficult system to manufacture, and in my case, I provided dozens of hours for it to run from 600 packages to fail 3 on the synth, but the goal is to have no binary packages.

A lot of people in our times need a good video game there. Even better if this video game runs on an operating system that doesn't crash and leaves everything at least four times faster than it was. I use XFCE4, my wife said that it is just like windows, only that the bar is on top. I think that an operating system that makes an old micro happy, makes the environment happy and soon makes partnerships with companies like Dell, and does very good promotions on well-equipped computers, of computers that have FreeBSD installed and back-up natively, that is, any problem is just to raise the factory system again. And computers that look like real jewels, a lot of shine and lights in everywhere. I learned a lot from FreeBSD, just a brilliant system, everyone should have it.

Like a user who lives in latin america I know what you talking about, the newest hardware or even medium gamma is hard to get
(if you got the money you got it of course) but the prices are insane

if you want a fast and the most customized desktop try Fvwm, can do anything you want
but you have to learn to edit the configuration, nothing too hard but when you see the results :)

Additionally you have the problem of the obsolete pieces, I have another idea. An automotive sound system with 50 's project amplification, with large transistors and capacitors. The brain could be an Raspberry pi with the obsolete memories, and could receive all the data from the vehicle central, and could add nice things like turn-on remotely the car, an CDMA input to taxi drivers, bluetooth reciever and a FreeBSD installed.

one thing is clear, you got a lot a ideas! , make it shine
before distribute thinks with the FreeBSD logo and name make shure of make correct use of the distribution rules and licences
in the forum there are a couple of posts talking about this

Like a user who lives in latin america I know what you talking about, the newest hardware or even medium gamma is hard to get
(if you got the money you got it of course) but the prices are insane

if you want a fast and the most customized desktop try Fvwm, can do anything you want
but you have to learn to edit the configuration, nothing too hard but when you see the results :)
I will say in R$ our money. A new computer with 10th Gn i7 coasts R$7.200 with only 250Gb HDD SDD. An 2Tb sata coasts R$400, an used motherboard with 2Gb video driver, costs R$750, each 8Gb memory costs R$200 (2x is possible), battery costs R$400. Even is possible to buy only the chip of 2Gb of GPU, I don't have an soldier station. In FreeBSD workshop, of course, have the cutting edge equipments, it could be an startup that recieve old machine and newer ones from all places of the world.

The idea comes down to taking computers that have good processors, like i5 and i7, putting everything the motherboard accepts and putting a tame FreeBSD to the common user: easy access to the internet, text editor, video editor, development tools, technical design, generic matlab, lots of port games to spend time in place of Netflix.

Do you know that micro that is there against the door weight? It can become a real gem, and put it on your 4K TV to try FreeBSD, you can use a printer, you can play a 1985 Mario with Xbox wireless control, you can play a Zippy Race for NES, Atary games, Mario Kart, the Ports games. Old micro to connect to the TV today. Gosh, it's free!

Do you know that micro that is there against the door weight? It can become a real gem, and put it on your 4K TV to try FreeBSD, you can use a printer, you can play a 1985 Mario with Xbox wireless control, you can play a Zippy Race for NES, Atary games, Mario Kart, the Ports games. Old micro to connect to the TV today. Gosh, it's free!

you mean the motherboard right?
yes and yes,with a decent corei5 and forward ,a hdmi output,or vga
you can do anything
for my experiences the graphics works better with an nvidia card,
and not talking about the latest cards..no
ohh and a "emergency" access trough ssh

one thing is clear, you got a lot a ideas! , make it shine
before distribute thinks with the FreeBSD logo and name make shure of make correct use of the distribution rules and licences
in the forum there are a couple of posts talking about this
Good observation

Back