Solved paprefs (pulseaudio) - core dumped with GLib-GIO-ERROR:Settings schema 'org.freedesktop.pulseaudio.module-group' is not installed

Abraham79

This is on FreeBSD-12.1. I installed paprefs (Pulseaudio preferences) and it is crashing with error:
Code:
:~% paprefs

(paprefs:76944): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 12:19:44.019: Settings schema 'org.freedesktop.pulseaudio.module-group' is not installed
zsh: trace trap (core dumped)  paprefs
I searched for org.freedesktop.pulseaudio.module-group in /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/ , did not find any. However, org.freedesktop.pulseaudio.gschema.xml file is also missing in the schemas directory. (I'm not an expert on this).

OP
Abraham79

Abraham79

I downloaded pulseaudio source from freedesktop website (https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/) and extracted the archive to copy org.freedesktop.pulseaudio.gschema.xml to the directory /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/ .
Then, ran:
Code:
:~% doas glib-compile-schemas /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
Thanks to the article written in https://darrengoossens.wordpress.co...ngs-schema-somethingorother-is-not-installed/

No error messages. It worked! However, I am in doubt, should report this to bug tracking system or leave as it is? The problem is clearly, the missing pulseaudio schemas file.

monwarez

It is stated on the description of the port audio/paprefs
Description: PulseAudio Preferences (paprefs) is a simple GTK based configuration dialog for the PulseAudio sound server. Please note that this program can only configure local servers, and requires that a special module module-gsettings is loaded in the sound server. (This require to build the audio/pulseaudio port with option GSETTINGS).
If the problem persist after building audio/pulseaudio with GSETTINGS option on, then this can be reported to the bug tracking system related to audio/pulseaudio.

OP
Abraham79

Abraham79

It is stated on the description of the port audio/paprefs

If the problem persist after building audio/pulseaudio with GSETTINGS option on, then this can be reported to the bug tracking system related to audio/pulseaudio.
Oh. So, this configures only local sound server. I am not building from ports, and hence cannot validate if gsettings enabled option will work. Marking the thread as solved.