Xfce Panel Application Menu

KDE has a nice Panel Application widget that mimics the way the Apple taskbar looks. This Panel Application Menu also exists for Xfce but I can't find it for FreeBSD. Does anybody know of its existanc? Pkg-name? Or do I need to compile some source code package?

Is it xfdashboard that you are referring to?

xfce4-dashboard-0.7.5 GNOME shell like dashboard for the Xfce desktop

Not sure I would recommend it. I think the xfce is pretty easy to use on its own.

Is it xfdashboard that you are referring to?

xfce4-dashboard-0.7.5 GNOME shell like dashboard for the Xfce desktop

Not sure I would recommend it. I think the xfce is pretty easy to use on its own.
Don't think so. It's an applet that brings the menu that is normally in the application itself to the topbar. Kind of the way MacOS does. I just like the looks :) I agree though that Xfce is pretty easy by itself.

The XFCE panels offer a lot of configuration options, have you taken a look at them?
I think nothing else is needed to make them look like the MacOS Panel.
Create a panel at the bottom, add transparency, disable reserving of space.
You can also add an image to the panel, if you want that perspectively look on it.
You have to put icons on it yourself, though. If I understand correctly, MacOS does that on it's on, right?

The XFCE panels offer a lot of configuration options, have you taken a look at them?
I think nothing else is needed to make them look like the MacOS Panel.
Create a panel at the bottom, add transparency, disable reserving of space.
You can also add an image to the panel, if you want that perspectively look on it.
You have to put icons on it yourself, though. If I understand correctly, MacOS does that on it's on, right?
That's not what I meant. When I open a xfce-terminal, I want the terminal menu displayed in the task bar

Back