Solved palemoon and seamonkey and firefox broken by new gtk3

This is inconvenient not only because I cannot fix it so far by a simple libmap.conf edit, as I have
backups with the working libraries but not how to stitch them together this time;
but seamonkey was the only browser I found that could still display, for example, an rss enabled webpage as a clean
webpage and not dense wall of useless text.
1... can anybody affected by this breakage post a libmap conf
2... Does anybody know of a 2nd browser besides seamonkey that would display that link in a readable manner?
Seamonkey, and maybe? palemoon? would display it as a series of threads and a neat photo beneath each title, and
an option to read the actual thread link.
3... an iridium, firefox, or chrome extension to display RSS pages in such a manner?

Whereas, without the RSS [ a trailing /.rss ] the pictures are way smaller and it woudl take twice as long to discard the ones one
is not interested in.

I would've locked gtk3 before this upgrade this morning if I'd have known, hopefully without consequences.

thanks.

libgtk-3.so.0.2404.30 okay
libgtk-3.so.0.2406.32 breakage
via
libmozgtk.so
! includes symlinks to further complicate things.

libgtk-3.so.0.2406.32 breakage

Please try with Palemoon version 32.5.2 (2023-12-22), which does work for me (pictured) with libgtk-3.so.0.2406.32 on FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT.

Don't be misled by the About Pale Moon dialogue, which wrongly describes the build as unofficial. Also, please ignore the description of FreeBSD 13 as legacy.

Attachments

• 1704000486695.png
    1704000486695.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 48
The gtk2 version works, the gtk3 version does not, and SUCCESS! on displaying urls's such as in
the first post. "old.reddit.com/r/weather/.rss" as usable. Thanks!. This is a workaround until
hopefully seamonkey works again.

Back