OpenWrt Build System on FreeBSD

I've been working on a branch here. Would love some feedback, I can get past the config menu which is started by running `make menuconfig` and then I am also able to run `make download` which downloads all the packages necessary for building images. Now moving onto `make world` is where the trouble starts a bunch of packages had code that was not going to compile on FreeBSD (or any BSD for that matter I believe) and running with `make V=sc` I can see the following log:

I'm not really sure from which point you are running make download . My script above runs as far creating the OpenWrt Configuration screen. The script get to that point without any errors or user intervention. Should I just exit at that point and run 'make download'?

The error is really weird as I can see stdbool.h present:

Code:
root@openwrt-jail:~/openwrt # find /usr -name stdbool.h
/usr/src/include/stdbool.h

For reference this is the makefile for the mkimage tool.
I'm running my script in a dedicated jail and get this:

Code:
root@OpenWrt:/ # find / -name stdbool.h
/usr/include/c++/v1/stdbool.h
/usr/include/stdbool.h
/usr/local/include/unistring/stdbool.h
/usr/local/lib/gcc12/include/c++/tr1/stdbool.h
/usr/local/lib/gcc12/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd14.0/12.2.0/include/stdbool.h

Please watch this video from 5:09 to 10:40, or just try to do it all on a linux VM (or even an alpine linux jail on FreeBSD) before you start doing it on FreeBSD because if you know how it's supposed to go then it gets easier to troubleshoot?

I'll probably stop working on this for a while as the alpine linux jail works really well for my usecase! I might come back to this in the future but for now 👋, feel free to ask any questions or use the patches on my branch will be happy to help out.

Back