Solved OpenSSL upgrade still has same version.

A new version of security/openssl was due for release on 26th February and, sure enough, an upgrade was shown as available yesterday, so I upgraded.

However, the new version has the same number, 1.0.2q,1 as the previous one. I was expecting an upgrade to 1.0.2r,1. Does anyone know what's happened here?

How did you update? Using packages? Are you on the quarterly branch? Also note that packages take some time to build, the update to the port only happened a few hours ago.

I upgraded from a package built locally using Poudriere from the latest ports. If it has only been upgraded in the last few hours I should not have had the upgrade yesterday, so I'm puzzled that poudriere apparently updated its packages before an upgraded port was available!

Anyway, if an upgrade has now occurred I should get the new version tomorrow, or earlier if I get a chance to run a bulk build in the meantime.

I upgraded from a package built locally using Poudriere from the latest ports. If it has only been upgraded in the last few hours I should not have had the upgrade yesterday, so I'm puzzled that poudriere apparently updated its packages before an upgraded port was available!
How often do you build? Maybe you picked up on the previous change (9 days ago) and thought it was the 1.0.2r update?

Every morning around 5:30 am. My machine wakes up and launches the FreeBSD build VM which then upgrades the ports and runs the Poudriere bulk command. When that finishes the VM closes down and then the host system shuts down if the VM is no longer running and no one is logged in. That way I always have a set of the packages I use which reflects the ports collection as it was at 5:30 am the same day. I then use these to upgrade my test and live servers and their jails.

That's why I'm puzzled that yesterday when I ran pkg upgrade It upgraded security/openssl when a previous attempt last week failed to work because the upgrade had not been released, but then it turned out nothing had changed.

I'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

I upgraded from ports source a couple of hours ago and now have:
openssl-1.0.2r,1 SSL and crypto library

Back