Solved openssh-portable portupgrade

Hello World! ;)

I'm used to maintain my freebsd server each Sunday, through a "portsnap fetch update", a "portaudit -Fda" just to see, and a "pkg_version -v" to check which ports are no more up to date.
Then, if no "important" port needs updating, after reading /usr/ports/UPDATING, I just use "portupgrade -a".
If apache, openssh-portable, or some other "important" ports (with "hand made" config options) needs updating, I do it one by one first (with "portupgrade openssh-portable" for example).

Here is my problem. Last sunday, I think I forgot to do it manualy (without "portupgrade -a") for openssh-portable, so the config option "OVERWRITE_BASE" was not selected. I'm not sure it's the cause, but the problem is that, after upgrading and rebooting, ssh connection port :22 was refused!!
Every other service is working like a charm (mail, apache, spamassassin, etc...) but I can't get to ssh, which is a pain now!

First thing, I did not wanted to bother anybody, so I rebooted the server in "rescue mode" (as it's a dedicated server hosted by a company somewhere), mounted ad4s1a, mounted nullfs "proc" and "dev" in it, and chrooted. I thought I'd be able to "make config" and install again my openssh-portable port with the correct option, just to check it. But I'm stuck with a "cpp" sanity check error.

Any clue about the effective problem "with overwrite_base option", or do someone think about something else?

Thanks a lot for reading!

That was it! I forgot to check the OVERWRITE_BASE option...

I finally got rid of the "cpp" sanity check, here is how i chrooted :

Code:
mkdir /tmp/theDisk
mount /dev/ad4s1a /tmp/theDisk
mount -t devfs devfs /tmp/theDisk/dev
chroot /tmp/theDisk

And this worked like a charm (I first used mount_nullfs /dev /tmp/theDisk/dev which generated the cpp sanity check error).

If that can help anybody...

Can't mark this [Solved], could someone do it?
Forum FAQ says "you need to be regular user" to edit your post...

Thanks.

Back