Openshot

sk8harddiefast said:
If I want to create openshot port, how to find needed dependencies?

That is one of the hardest parts of porting perhaps....
many software developers doesn't mention on which software product depends....
read READMEs etc....

as final resort, you can email project developers and ask them to tell what soft needs to be installed in order to compile their software

As a start, you can do ldd on the compiled binary on a Linux system (or wherever that thing is ported to). That'll give you insight into shared libraries that program depends on.

Read the manual :)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#AEN1546

NOTE: if you patch sources:
copy original file:
$ cp somefile somefile.orig
and in ports dir
Code:
$ rm -f files
$ make makepatch
This will create proper patches for all modified files

I remove files dir.... maybe you don't need that, but I think there was problem if there were files in it and you run make makepatch
Also, after make clean run make patch, otherwise if you run make extract, then make new modifications and run rm -f files && make makepatch, you may lose your previous patches...

Well this comes with experience...
ALso I recommend you to use cvs, git, hg, svn, bzr or whatever... it can save you some problems, if you delete some files of your ports accidentally :D

Return me this:
Code:
 sudo make checksum
===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
=> openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://launchpadlibrarian.net/56230175/.
openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz                         100% of   15 MB  189 kBps 00m00s
=> No SHA256 checksum recorded for openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz.
=> No suitable checksum found for openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/emberdaemon/Downloads/openshot.

A) "checksum" is not the name of the target.

B) sudo is not the same as becoming root with su -.

sk8harddiefast said:
Return me this:
Code:
 sudo [red]make checksum[/red]
===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
=> openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://launchpadlibrarian.net/56230175/.
openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz                         100% of   15 MB  189 kBps 00m00s
=> No SHA256 checksum recorded for openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz.
=> No suitable checksum found for openshot-1.2.2.tar.gz.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/emberdaemon/Downloads/openshot.

lol

sk8harddiefast said:
Ok. I became root with su.

What this mean?
Following your link: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-checksum.html
Code:
Just type make makesum. The ports make rules will automatically generate the file distinfo.
I tried with and without distinfo file.
I am confused :(

No, you didn't do what's written in handbook # make checksum you did # make makesum Which is wrong. lol

sk8harddiefast said:
Oops :e Ok. worked :beer Now is fetching openshot and some dependencies like ffmpeg :D I start loving to create a port. But I am still afraid about the Makefile :(
Also a little help here: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=19117

Any news about this port?

I'm heading towards Free(PC)BSD, installed it on my laptop 1st, but for the desktop I need either Cinelerra or Openshot...the latter is probably easier target.

Good news! I hope to submit a port of openshot in the next day or two. I have it working, and just need to run a few more tests to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Unfortunately, openshot's 3D animation feature requires a newer version of blender than the one in ports. So you won't be able to create any nifty animated title screens. But the infrastructure is all there, and as soon as blender is updated, everything should start working.

Otherwise, the port as I have it is feature complete.

Done. Here's a link to the PR.

It might take a few days for it to be committed, however. If you can't wait, you can grab the sharfile from the PR and install it yourself.

ckester said:
Good news! I hope to submit a port of openshot in the next day or two. I have it working, and just need to run a few more tests to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

:beer:

Unfortunately, openshot's 3D animation feature requires a newer version of blender than the one in ports. So you won't be able to create any nifty animated title screens. But the infrastructure is all there, and as soon as blender is updated, everything should start working.

Yeah, it needs >=2.56, iirc from my Linux install...It does not matter. My desktop is still running Archlinux but I'm investigating if migration to Free(PC)BSD would provide me with all the required tools. ;)

It might take a few days for it to be committed, however. If you can't wait, you can grab the sharfile from the PR and install it yourself.

I can wait, no problem. Thank you very much for working on it!!!

Reviving a old thread, looks like the pairing of versions of Openshot and Blender is still not sync'd so that openshot's 3D features still do not work.

I'm totally naive as to maintenance, just a newbie (to FreeBSD) end (desktop) user whose using pkg install pre-built binaries. But even without individual Openshot and/or Blender maintainers surely there must be a higher level that decides which versions are ported into the current main FreeBSD version. I guess the easiest choice would be to ensure that the current Blender choice of source code was the one that corresponded to the current Openshot version (run Openshot and try to create a animated title and see what version of Blender that complains about as being missing, bearing in mind from my experience you have to match the exact x.y.z Blender version that Openshot is looking for, not the x.y.z version 'or later' as Openbox dialog box suggests).

Its probably a bit more involved than that as Openshot also requires melt and inkscape to be fully functional, but again from my experiences the actual versions of those are less of a issue.

Back