OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice 3.3 packages

adamk said:
Wow.. I didn't even realize libreoffice was in ports. Thanks, thanks.

Adam

Lol, I build OOO 3.3 and then somehow, I saw LibreOffice in freshports.org
The same day I build it as well

There have been multiple revisions since the libreoffice3.3 port first appeared in the tree.

I update my installed ports daily, so it's been keeping my cpu busy. It's a horrendously long build. And if I forget to give it enough tmp space, I have to do it all over again.

Oh well, I don't have anything else to do anyway. ;)

Thanks for sparing others the same headaches!

ckester said:
There have been multiple revisions since the libreoffice3.3 port first appeared in the tree.

I update my installed ports daily, so it's been keeping my cpu busy. It's a horrendously long build. And if I forget to give it enough tmp space, I have to do it all over again.

haha! I compiled open office a couple times years ago on a prescott cpu. It took over a day and a half. how long does it take nowadays?

UNIXgod said:
haha! I compiled open office a couple times years ago on a prescott cpu. It took over a day and a half. how long does it take nowadays?

I didn't measure time, but it took about 4-8h on my AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 600e

Silly me, here's the pertinent excerpt from dmesg.boot on the machine I'm using to build libreoffice:

Code:
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D510   @ 1.66GHz (1671.70-MHz 686-class CPU)

I haven't measured it either, but a day and a half sounds about right. :p

From now on, I'm going to use # portmaster -x libreoffice and only install this monster from the packages.

ckester said:

Code:
# touch /var/db/pkg/openoffice.org*/+IGNOREME
# touch /var/db/pkg/libreoffice*/+IGNOREME

Those will prevent portmaster (and probably portupgrade) from continuously rebuilding OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice.

Unless you actually want to rebuild them on a daily basis, of course. :)

space requirements

Approximately, how much space is needed to build LibreOffice without JAVA/KDE4/GNOME/WEBDAV support? I ask because I tried to build OpenOffice.org-3 and ran out of space. I partitioned /usr with 20GB but after installing what I have now, /usr is down to 11GB. Is it possible for me to use my admin account (/home is a separate partition) for compiling LibreOffice by putting the following in my make.conf file?

Code:
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/editors/libreoffice}
.OBJDIR=/home/admin/libreoffice
.endif

Obviously, I would have to have the directory "libreoffice" already created.

UPDATE: I compiled LibreOffice with the above code in my make.conf file and it did not work (i.e. use the "libreoffice" for its work files. Luckily, I did not run out of space so it compiled. It took less than 11G to compile LibreOffice because I currently have 466M free space on /usr and it had 11G before I started. The command I used to find this out is:

# df -H -a

Back