Solved opendmarc + mysql57 dependency

Hi all,

I've migrated my mailserver from mysql to mariadb and it was pretty straightforward. I did have mail/opendmarc configured and was going to set that up as well. The pkg has databases/mysql57-client as a dependency. No worries, I'll compile the port. Except that doesn't offer that option (see below).

I suppose I can live without opendmarc, but I just thought I'd ask around. Maybe the maintainer will update this in due time? How important do we think opendmarc is?

Code:
$ sudo pkg install opendmarc
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
  - mysql57-client-5.7.33 conflicts with mariadb105-client-10.5.9 on /usr/local/bin/mysql
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 5 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
    mariadb105-client: 10.5.9
    mariadb105-server: 10.5.9

New packages to be INSTALLED:
    mysql57-client: 5.7.33
    opendmarc: 1.3.2_2
    p5-DBD-mysql: 4.050

Code:
/usr/ports/mail/opendmarc $ sudo make config
+[x] DOCS  Build and/or install documentation 
+[x] SPF   Enable support for SPF record checking

Set DEFAULT_VERSIONS= mysql=10.5m in /etc/make.conf to change the default MySQL when building from ports. See /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk.

Code:
# Possible values: 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 8.0, 10.3m, 10.4m, 10.5m, 5.5p, 5.6p, 5.7p, 5.6w, 5.7w
MYSQL_DEFAULT?=         5.7
The m versions are MariaDB, p is Percona.

SirDice
Out of the blue, I'm encountering this mysql dependency issue again. Running pkg upgrade, pkg wants to remove mariadb and reinstall mysql. The evil-doer appears to be this dependency of opendmarc: databases/p5-DBD-mysql (see below). It isn't heeding the directive in make.conf that you suggested above. Any thoughts on how to get around this?
Code:
[...]
Checking integrity... done (2 conflicting)
  - mysql57-client-5.7.34 conflicts with mariadb105-client-10.5.11 on /usr/local/bin/mysql
  - mysql57-client-5.7.34 conflicts with mariadb105-client-10.5.10 on /usr/local/bin/mysql
Cannot solve problem using SAT solver, trying another plan
Cannot solve problem using SAT solver, trying another plan
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 47 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
    mariadb105-client: 10.5.10
    mariadb105-server: 10.5.10

New packages to be INSTALLED:
    mysql57-client: 5.7.34

[...]

Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
    p5-DBD-mysql-4.050_1 (direct dependency changed: mysql57-client)[code]

It isn't heeding the directive in make.conf that you suggested above.
Settings in make.conf have no influence on packages from the official repositories. They only work for building from ports.

Once you build something from ports, you're pretty much stuck to pkg lock'ing that port and ALWAYS building the port whenever an upgrade happens.

FYI, recent p5-DBD-mysql update to 5.x makes the configure insist on MySQL. There also is p5-DBD-MariaDB that I'm going to test.

Back