Open Office installation stops

I tried to install OOffice on my laptop. After a while I got:
Code:
1 module(s):
        cppunit
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO310_m19/cppunit

Attention: if you build and deliver the above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command "build --from cppunit"

rmdir /tmp/42028
*** Error code 1
I don't understand the output. How to rebuild cppunit?
or how can I continue to build?

thanks

he he he... I don't know how to fix this... but i had this problem many times.....

The only thing I could do was to simply install package.
https://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=8639

also this is wrong forum...
OOO is not part of FreeBSD base system, you should instead post this at Ports Installation and Maintenance

mod will move it, so don't start another thread there

I did
Code:
# portsnap fetch update
# portupgrade -af
but still got
Code:
1 module(s):
        cppunit
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO310_m19/cppunit

Attention: if you build and deliver the above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command "build --from cppunit"

rmdir /tmp/44012
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.

is something wrong with OOo?

nope... ooo is fine... you probably have cppunit installed from ports....

try deinstallng it, and if you want, try rebuilding ooo again... but I think it will fail again....

So this time when I compilled OOO packages I was wery happy that it didn't stop at cppunit...

well I removed cppunit and start to buid again .... the final problem is space. On my laptop I have 14G for FreeBSD and that's definitely not enough. I couldn't imagine that tooks so much space. At this time /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3 has 7.3G
Should I try with packages?

thanks killasmurf86!
can you assist me a little in installing?
I supposed I have to download OOo_3.1.1_FreeBSD80Intel_install_en-US.tbz (143.2M) and from there how to install?
Just
# pkg_add OOo_3.1.1_FreeBSD80Intel_install_en-US.tbz?

thanks

thanks!
I succeeded
I have OOo on my laptop
Can I delete jdk and other packages from distfile?
Do I need them in the future?

yes, you can delete them from distfiles....

Also I think java is not required to run OOO.
It is required to build OOO....

However i'm not 100% sure

If it's of any interest... I had problems building OOo yesterday, on amd64. I got errors rather like yours, the real cause was a lack of memory (not disc). I only have 2GB (waiting for a 4GB upgrade in the post :D). I had been building in safe mode thinking that it would give me the most free mem, with no unnecessary processes. I didn't realising that safe mode appears not to use swap. Now I know...

sim

When I used UFS..... I could build OOO with 2GB ram.... [but I was swaping to file... he he he]

this explains a lot.....

Back