Solved Online list of packages?

Hi all,

I have FreeBSD inside a VM, but I'm temporarily on Wifi only my FreeBSD can't connect to the Internet.
I need to find out whether a specific package is available via pkg. Is there an online list or something like that?

Background 1: Network bridging doesn't work well for Wifi it it does at all, and I don't want to bother setting up NAT networking, which I'll have to remember to reverse when I return to my normal wired connection. Not for a set of simple searches in the pkg database.
Background 2: Googling only gave me pages with instructions how to use the "pkg" command, or nothing at all. Seems I can't figure out what keywords would return a useful result.
Background 3: I'm aware of the ports collection and online sites. I want to check whether I can recommend using pkg - I didn't need it yet, and the project tries to be as frugal as possible so I want to check if it's in pkg before I give up and use a port (actually I already checked it, the package does exist).

The "something like that" might be asking your local package database:
sqlite3 /var/db/pkg/repo-FreeBSD.sqlite
Requires some knowledge about SQLite; Example:
SELECT * FROM `packages` WHERE `name` LIKE '%tk86%';
Use it readonly; Maybe copying the file to your $HOME and use that file instead of the original makes sense…

Edit: Of course the following answer from SirDice is much more usefull for a simple search…

Back