Olimex A64-OLinuXino FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT SD-Card Image Pine64 GPIO problem.

I have successfully booted the FreeBSD Pine64 image Current-13.0 on the Olimex A64-OLinuXino over the serial console. It works great. My Olimex board has the Allwinner a64 on it just as the Pine does. I have been experimenting with the gpios again with success. However the 40 pin connector on the Olimex board exposes GPIO pins PB0 - PB4 which function normally and then PE0-PE17 which don't.

Example
gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 -c PB0 OUT
gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 PB0 1

The pin PB0 then goes high (1) as expected.

gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 -c PE17 OUT
gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 PE17 1

The pin PE17 shows no sign of activity, also this pin is connected to the user LED, which should light up, which it doesn't. I have played with most of the PE0- PE17 pins with various settings, again nothing works, no signs of activity. I have successfully lit the LED with the armbian (linux) distribution for this board so I know it should work.

I have dug into the the driver code a bit and the files containing the settings for this board/processor, but I have had no luck figuring it out. One thing I think might help my understanding is that I don't think the Pine64 board exposes these pins so there might be some configuration settings that weren't set for these pins as they wouldn't have been needed. I have studied the Allwinner a64 manual but I haven't had luck figuring out any other settings that might work.

I think I am missing a simple setting but can't figure it out, does anyone know how to get pins PE0 to PE17 to work? Thanks.

Back