Old Install guide link on FreeBSD arm port page

I am looking into installing FreeBSD on an armv7 device and am looking for official guidance on how to install FreeBSD on an armv7 device. I went to the FreeBSD/ARM Project page and the only page I could find about installing FreeBSD on arm is called a "Mini-install guide" and it takes me here: Setting up FreeBSD/arm on IQ31244/IQ80321.

After a look at the page https://people.freebsd.org/~cognet/ I found out the Mini-install guide that the FreeBSD/ARM Project page links to was last updated in 2009, 14 years ago. It seems unlikely for that 14-year-old Mini-install guide to be valid for modern versions of FreeBSD. So I must ask, is that page valid for FreeBSD 13.2 or the newly released FreeBSD 14.0 in 2023?

If the 14-year-old Mini-install guide is not valid for modern versions of FreeBSD that are supported in 2023, I politely ask that the FreeBSD/ARM Project page be updated to point to an installation guide that is valid for modern versions of FreeBSD on arm that are supported in 2023. Also, I am sorry if this is not the appropriate place to make a request such as this.

I also discovered how anyone, including me, can contribute an updated link for the FreeBSD/ARM Project page in the FreeBSD documentation project. I will propose an updated link if my experience of trying to install FreeBSD 13.2 or 14.0 on my armv7 device indicates the 14-year-old link is outdated and should be replaced and no one else updates the link before then. Thanks!

----> I am looking into installing FreeBSD on an armv7 device and am looking for official guidance on how to install FreeBSD on an armv7 device.

To do that you need to choose one arm 32 soc supported by FreeBSD.

Back